tovis wrote:
>> In your situation I would write small script called from .forward (or
>> whatever your MTA uses) which would get attachments and process them
>> with hylafax (or whatever you intend to use as fax server).
>>
>> I went this way even I use courier-mta for mail handling -- courier's
>> faxmail was not powerfull enough for my purposes.
>
> Can I ask why? What are you missed?

I needed to send faxes with modems located in different cities. And had
only very old computers to handle these modems. And for some reason (do
not remember why) I preffered hylafax over mgetty-fax. So, it was more
simple to use one central mail/fax server with number of modem-handlers
in remote places than to setup network of mail servers what each take
care to handle incoming mail, format conversion and modem.

--
Aidas Kasparas
IT administrator