On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 1:38 PM, sergio <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hello Marcus,
>
> Tuesday, March 10, 2009, 1:36:44 PM, you wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 10, 2009 at 10:52 AM, Vasiliy Kotikov <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> Do anyone use greylisting on courier? Is there a solution
>>> (Courier-Filter, spamassassin)?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best Regards,
>>>
>>> Vasiliy Kotikov
>>>
>
>> Hi,
>
>> my setup uses Courier Pythonfilter
>> (http://phantom.dragonsdawn.net/~gordon/courier-patches/courier-pythonfilter/latest/)
>> by Gordon Mesmer.
>> Among other modules it also includes a greylisting filter which works
>> great. I found greylisting to be one of the most, maybe even the most
>> effective solution to reduce unsolicited bulk mail.
>> See the readme file for installation instructions.
> to  Marcus: do you using greylisting module with default configuration
> or you find some more usefull conf.
> I'm thinkig about change filter from spamassassin to greylist. Can you
> compare these two mudules?
> thanks.
>
>> Best regards
>> Marcus
>

Hi,

comparing Spamassassin to greylisting is a bit difficult as the two do
completely different things. I suggest adding greylisting to your
setup in addition to other filtering measures you may employ. Probably
your current configuration employs SA during post-processing but
pythonfilter works before new mail gets accepted for delivery.
Greylisting simply rejects every incoming message and asks the sender
to try again a bit later, SA analyzes the actual content of the
message and tries to discern if it contains unsolicited bulk mail. It
is also possible to use SA in pythonfilter and completely reject any
mail identified as junk instead of just marking it as such but that
makes it much more difficult to deal with false positives.
Regarding my pythonfilter configuration, I'm not really sure if I did
further tweaking but I remember that it wasn't really necessary
because it all worked fine out of the box.

HTH
Marcus

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

Reply via email to