I have more or less the same setup as described (RBL->GreyL->SA/AV)
using pythonfilter, it all works perfectly out of the box and I
only tweaked which modules I wished to use. I had about 1000+ spams
per day and now it's only something like 5 a week.

To be complete though, I must add that there are two drawbacks to
greylisting :

* not immediate delivery for first mail is annoying when you
   register on a website and have to wait... some minutes before
   being able to use the account. I use dummy gmail address for
   the purpose but then I have to switch to my real address on
   the site and... you see, it's eating up useful time to do
   something rather "stupid".

* greylisting works with triplets : IP of sending mail server,
   sender's email and recipient's email. When dealing with smtp
   farms, the same message may come out from any of the server
   and thus be greylisted several times until it is finally
   submitted with one of the greylisted IP. Either you live with
   it (I tell those who complain that their mail provider has a
   broken setup, not sure if I'm right there :-)) or you whitelist
   those domains (hotmail is one of them).


Regards,

JC

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apps built with the Adobe(R) Flex(R) framework and Flex Builder(TM) are
powering Web 2.0 with engaging, cross-platform capabilities. Quickly and
easily build your RIAs with Flex Builder, the Eclipse(TM)based development
software that enables intelligent coding and step-through debugging.
Download the free 60 day trial. http://p.sf.net/sfu/www-adobe-com
_______________________________________________
courier-users mailing list
[email protected]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/courier-users

Reply via email to