Mark Constable writes:

On 12/12/16 01:03, Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Although Github's bug tracker is enabled, I don't link to it directly
> from www.courier-mta.org/links.html, only to the mailing lists.
> Courier is stable, and requires very little maintenance. Github's bug
> tracker is there, for anyone that wants to use it.

Well there we go. Maybe it is possible to ask Sam to include the /debian
directories from Ondřejs' PPA packages into his Github and personal git
repos so the issue of the canonical (not Canonical) upstream source is
no longer ambiguous?

That should satisfy the Debian/Ubuntu upstream requirements so whoever
was the formal package maintainer would only have to build and submit
the packages direct from Github and a "bunch of us deb using guys" only
have to focus on the QA of that /debian directory which we could mainly
coordinate via the Github issue tracker, and of course this list.

That's certainly fine. Formal patches can be sent either via this mailing list or through Github.