When people ask about security, I give them the basic rundown and response
has been positive.  I feel we have very similar opinions on the topic.
 Reading your response I was excited to see you understand the importance of
emphasizing trust.  We are going to have 30-40 people in the space so things
are a little different.  The key element is to be unobtrusive and I think
this satisfies that.   When it comes down to it, it's all about how it's
implemented and how it impacts the day to day lives of the people using the
space.  I don't plan to make the security policy forefront in our marketing,
but it's there when people have questions or concerns.

Jacob

On 9/19/07, Chris Messina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>
> On 9/19/07, Jacob Sayles <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > The plan is to A) Focus on permanent desks with signed member agreements
> and
> > security deposits.  B) Give electronic keys that track who is coming and
> > going and can be revoked quickly.  C) Security cameras at the
> entrances.  D)
> > Extensive insurance.
>
> Fascinating! To each their own I guess -- there is something to be
> said for a "reassurance strategy" -- that is, letting tenants/members
> know that their stuff is being monitored. At the same time, NOT
> creating a false sense of security is also worth considering.
>
> Jacob, have you experienced any kind of feedback about the security
> aspects of your space?
>
> Chris
>
> --
> Chris Messina
> Citizen Provocateur &
>   Open Source Advocate-at-Large
> Work: http://citizenagency.com
> Blog: http://factoryjoe.com/blog
> Cell: 412 225-1051
> Skype: factoryjoe
> This email is:   [ ] bloggable    [X] ask first   [ ] private
>
> >
>


-- 
Jacob Sayles
Nomad & Founder
officenomads.com

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to