We are our own investors at Office Nomads so we only had to get to the point
where we believed it would work out.  Of course I started out believing, but
I still wanted some solid numbers before I wrote my $100k check.  And when I
say "solid" that too is relative.  Mostly I started getting people together
for beers/coffee and talking with folks.  When I saw strong demand, I
started roughing out a sketch of what things would look like.  From there I
made sure some conservative ramp up projections and space allocations fit
within the budget & building... lots of tuning and not all fine.  It's a
balancing act.  We talk a lot about all the things we won't know until we
open the doors... next Thursday.   Since there is so much we don't know, we
are doing our best to be flexible, and receptive.
Jacob Sayles
Office Nomads
Seattle, WA

On 10/26/07, Alex Hillman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> I don't think we (at IndyHall, anyway) have any stable enough numbers to
> present after 60 days of being open, and even then, its very very
> subjective. I don't think even a ballpark would help you. Our members are
> not your members, within our own membership use and use cases vary widely.
>
> For the gabillionth time(and I'm still smiling when I say that!): all of
> these figures will become evident when you have some semblance of a
> community interested in utilizing a space together. Ask them, not us! I
> understand that for business plans and investors, these figures might be
> necessary, but that's just one more reason to spend the time a) building the
> community and b) putting yourself in a position to bootstrap.
>
> On 10/26/07, Dusty <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >
> > This is great information. Thanks everyone.
> >
> > Great tip on the Ikea desk's! Thanks Alex.
> >
> > So we think each person takes up about 36sq/ft to 100sq/ft of space.
> > That's a pretty broad range! :) But great information for planning
> > purposes. Anymore experience out there on the matter?
> >
> > What do you guys think about the membership to occupancy ratio? In
> > other words. Say you have 100 members, would you say 60 of them are in
> > the space at any given time (on average)?
> >
> > Again, looking for ballparks.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Dusty in Austin
> >
> > On Oct 26, 12:15 pm, "Alex Hillman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > These tops:http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/60117016
> > > With these legs: 
> > > http://www.ikea.com/us/en<http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10105290>
> > /catalog/products/10105290<http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10105290>
> > >
> > > There are other dimensions of desk-tops in the same line if you wanted
> > > bigger/longer ones, but for the price, these are an EXCELLENT deal,
> > easy to
> > > move/arrange, and if one gets damaged it's not a huge loss.
> > >
> > > We had sort of a desk/chair-buliding party where we had members come
> > by
> > > during out set-up period and help put furniture together. BYO drill.
> > It was
> > > a good time!
> > >
> > > -Alex
> > >
> > > On 10/26/07, Columbus Bryce <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > > I've heard mention of these IKEA desks before... could you give us
> > an
> > > > idea of which specific model it is?
> > >
> > > > On Oct 26, 8:41 am, "Alex Hillman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > > wrote:
> > > > > Our desks are identical to those at CitizenSpace, 2' deep by 4'
> > across.
> > >
> > > --
> > > -----
> > > --
> > > -----
> > > Alex Hillman
> > > web.developer.innovation.consultant
> > > vocal: 484.597.6256
> > > digital: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | skype: dangerouslyawesome
> > > visual:www.weknowhtml.com|www.dangerouslyawesome.com
> > > local: www.indyhall.org
> >
> >
> >
>
>
> --
> -----
> --
> -----
> Alex Hillman
> web.developer.innovation.consultant
> vocal: 484.597.6256
> digital: [EMAIL PROTECTED] | skype: dangerouslyawesome
> visual: www.weknowhtml.com | www.dangerouslyawesome.com
> local: www.indyhall.org
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Coworking" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/coworking?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to