I talked to TJ on the phone for quite awhile this week - you're a nice
guy, TJ!

Since you haven't yet settled on a location, you could start with
informal Jelly type sessions to gauge interest and begin to build the
community.

In another thread, Tara recommend building the community first, then
approaching location/specifics second, when possible. And Alex reminds
us that predictability is important.

Conjunctured in Austin grew out of free, regular Jelly sessions, and
Todd O'Neill of C4 Workspace (grand opening this week in San Antonio!)
got his community off the ground with a regular-as-clockwork Coworking
Tuesday in a wifi-equipped coffee shop, then followed with the
dedicated space. I've found our monthly Brownbag lunch sessions at
Firecat Studio to be an effective draw and good reputation-builder.

Contacting the folks holding events - especially networking events of
any kind - and joining the ones with which you have affinity, is also
a great idea.

Welcome to the coworking family, and best of luck. Please keep us
apprised of your progress!

Regards,
Susan Price

su...@firecatstudio.com
http://firecatstudio.com
Firecat First Fridays: Free Coworking and Brownbag Lunch