This is a great question - I'm working on it myself.

At the moment, I've got the cost of a full-time admin factored into my
monthly overhead (which also includes rent, Internet access, Utilities,
etc).  I determine my membership prices based on that total overhead cost
and a certain assumption about how much usage Tech Liminal gets.

If I were to be the full-time admin, I'd get to keep the money as profit -
in the meantime, I consider myself a monthly member.

Cheers,

Anca.

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 11:21 AM, newhaven coworker <slate.ball...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has come up with a good formula for paying
> staff?
>
> Is there a percentage of monthly membership income that goes towards
> paying staff?
>
> Many of the posts on that have to do with paying staff are from
> several years ago. If anyone has any insight into this area our
> Connecticut coworking space would appreciate the input. Thanks
>
> SB

-=-=-=-
Anca Mosoiu
Owner, Tech Liminal