I agree 100% with Thilo and Alex on collaboration, but I also think this
extends to getting new members if you are a newer space like us.

We initially started having brainstorming sessions with pizza and wine on
Thursday nights and a weekly wind down on Fridays on our deck to get all the
members into the sense of community and become friends. For some reason,
flipcup has become a favorite team building game here. Once we got everyone on
the same page, we started inviting others from our local tech community to come
see what we're doing. The response was great. We had our first real
open-to-the-public party here last Friday and since have signed up 3 new
members, become host to another usergroup, and some of our members have started
scheduling things to do outside of work together.

Some other ideas for collaboration/promo are doing one project in house all the
time. We recently did a mobile photo contest and had everyone tag photos
#WTFoto on twitter to enter...when it was over we used all of our members to
judge it. It didn't require a big time commitment from anyone, but it got
everyone to work together and helped promote the space.

Cheers,
-Willie
-WhiteTableFoundation.com