If I may chime in on this point, I see COWORKING as something that
produces value other than money. I think a lot of the problem with our
current economic condition is the fact that everybody thinks that if
they start doing something, as in providing a service or product, they
are supposed to become wealthy as a result of it.  That's the whole
gist of "privatization" where they (supposedly) are turning over
responsibility for services to private individuals. My take is that as
long as government sides with the mega-businesses, that leaves a lot
of people out in the cold left to fend for themselves.  I see
COWORKING as a method of individuals and (super)small groups to band
together and defray the common costs of doing business.  I think that
should be the first principle shared by anyone going into a COWORKING
situation.  I'm not sure that this addresses the actual subject being
discussed, but I wanted to chime in here.  David