On a related note, I'm mildly allergic (headache) to most aftershaves and
perfumes (I discovered this one day when a coworker told me he was wearing
"lady killer" after I told him I had a splitting headache). I'm certainly
not going to bust into the space and start demanding people not do what
they've been doing forever.

I toe the line sometimes trying not to be the "bitchy coworker" who demands
a perfectly customized environment, but I do forget in moments of
frustration that I'm sharing a space with terrific, well-meaning people who
aren't bothered by the same things I am.

Although honestly I bite my tongue and cringe when the occasional mid-life
crisis comes bowling in wearing Fierce by Abercrombie and Fitch.