I too have the same difficulty.  My coworking community is located in
Camp Hill, PA.  It is a suburbia town next to our state capitol.  I
have found that people find the concept interesting and while some
understand the concept most do not.  I have tried explaining it in
different ways and invite them to my community, but I have no members
yet.  I am excited about what it can become, but articulating the
concept so they understand has been unsuccessful.

Sorry I couldn't be of any assistance to you David.

Peggy
Thomas Technology Group
717-525-9816