The most cost effective solution is using cables instead of wireless,
though I'll come back to wireless in a second. The good part about cables
is that they basically always work, no installation necessary. They're
easy/cheap to replace (and even have backups in a drawer or on a shelf).

The downside to cables is: they're messy, and adapters are *hell*. I can't
count how many times someone has shown up looking for an adapter that we
later couldn't find, delaying their meeting and creating an overall lousy
experience.

In terms of wirelessly projecting to TVs and screens, we've played with a
mix of AppleTV (only works with Apple Devices, and is remarkably unreliable
for screen sharing) + Chromecast and without a doubt Chromecast has been
the best option on the market. I've seen more specialized tools but they
cost a lot more and still require a special download. Chrome is cross
platform and depending on your audience, most people are likely to already
have it installed or at least be familiar with it.

Chromecast is smart enough to not allow broadcasts to interrupt each other
- aka if someone is in a meeting and broadcasting to the screen, somebody
else isn't going to be able to cast a youtube video or something else
disruptive. Frankly, if that were to happen I'd consider that a bigger
issue than one caused by the potential of the Chromecast and something we'd
focus on at the community level.

And in my experience - especially as we've grown - we've always have to
spend more effort helping people know that the Chromecast option exists
than trying to prevent mis-use and abuse.

In reality, there's a finite possible number of bad things that can happen.
You can spend all of your energy on those, you'll never get the benefits of
the infinite possible good things that can happen :) keep it simple, for
you and for your members!

-Alex

*The #1 mistake in community building is doing it by yourself.*
Better Coworkers: http://indyhall.org
Weekly Coworking Tips: http://coworkingweekly.com
My Audiobook: https://theindyhallway.com/ten