"If you think this conversation is awkward now...."

and I will add, any awkwardness you are facing now will get 1,000x worse
once money starts getting thrown around. Of COURSE this sounds like a great
deal to the building owner. You are doing all the work and they get an
updated building and all your revenue for maybe 6 years.

The building is merely a container. It's not a magic button. I would press
a big PAUSE button right now on all of this and do due diligence on other
spaces as you continue to build up awareness and community. Also brace
yourselves for when that building owner starts their own coworking space
and maybe beats you to it. Says the lady whose landlord forced her out and
started his own "coworking" space.

Space is impermanent, people are forever.

Angel

ps. and for a revealing look at how I didn't listen to my intuition for
Cohere's 2nd space read more here. http://coherecommunity.com/blog/failure