I think the version issue is a general problem with CRM documentation,
which is related to the other thread about being able to resolve URIs
consistently. If you go to http://www.cidoc-crm.org/ and click "Current
Version", it's 6.2.3, so I wasn't aware there were any newer ones. Now that
I've found the documentation for the actual latest version, I see that P190
offers the following example:

"The inscription (E34) on Rijksmuseum object SK-A-1601 has symbolic content
“B”"

So I think this would work.