Dear all,

I fully agree with Franco.

Just a quick remark from the Linguistic world: in order not to run into
incorrect analysis of linguistic facts it is always good to keep in mind that
the grammatical coding of a language does not reflect the cognitive perception
or the cultural and moral judgment of the society/ies that speak(s) this
language.

The Germans do not believe that women are things just because “Weib" is a
neutral noun rather than a feminine one.

It would therefore be appropriate to keep the linguistic facts (as well as the
CIDOC CRM label) sheltered from the cultural facts of our world. But, if the
issue is to avoid the opinions of speakers on their own language, why do we not
replace English with Latin? This would definitely solve the problem :-)

Best regards,
Achille (& Francesca)

> [...]
>> reclaimed. Later also applied to roads, watercourses, etc. Occasionally
>> also, of ground: composed (in part) of recently accumulated material (see
>> quot. 1871).
>> 1597—1981(Show quotations)
>>

>> 3.
>> Thesaurus »
>> Categories »
>>
>> a. Chiefly Cookery. Concocted from ingredients or constituents; esp. in
>> made dish n. a dish composed of several ingredients.
>>  made gravy n. a gravy artificially compounded, as opposed to one consisting
>> only of the juices obtained during cooking.
>> 1559—1995(Show quotations)
>>

>> Thesaurus »
>> Categories »
>>
>> b. Of an alcoholic beverage, usually wine: home-made or locally made, in
>> contradistinction to those obtained from a distance. Chiefly in made wine.
>> In the United Kingdom sometimes spec. (see quot. 1889).
>> 1747—1980(Show quotations)
>>

>> Categories »
>>
>> †c. Banking. Of a bill: drawn in one country and payable or negotiated in
>> another (see quots.). Obsolete.
>> 1868—1868(Show quotations)
>>

>> Thesaurus »
>>
>> 4. gen. Artificial; brought about by contrivance, arranged; that has not
>> come about or developed naturally.
>> 1580—1987(Show quotations)
>>

>> II. Of which the making has taken place.
>> 5. Of a hawk, horse, hound, etc.: fully trained.
>> 1474—1987(Show quotations)
>>
>> 6.
>>
>> a. Of a person: having his or her success in life (happiness, etc.) assured.
>> Chiefly in a made man.
>> a1516—1992(Show quotations)
>>

>> b. slang (orig. U.S.). Esp. in made man: designating a person who has been
>> formally inducted as a full member of the Mafia.
>> 1973—1992(Show quotations)
>> **************************************
>> man-made, adj. and n.
>> View as: Outline |Full entryKeywords: On |OffQuotations: Show all |Hide all
>> Pronunciation:  Brit. /ˌmanˈmeɪd/,  U.S. /ˈˌmænˈˌmeɪd/
>> Forms:  16– man-made, 19– man made, 19– manmade.
>> Frequency (in current use):
>> Origin: Formed within English, by compounding. Etymons: man n.1, made adj.
>> Etymology: < man n.1 + made adj.... (Show More)
>> A. adj.
>> 1.
>> Categories »
>>
>> a. Made or caused by human beings (as opposed to occurring or being made
>> naturally); arising from human activity; artificial. Also figurative. rare
>> before 19th cent.
>> 1615—1994(Show quotations)
>>

>> Thesaurus »
>> Categories »
>>
>> b. spec. Of a fibre: manufactured from regenerated or synthetic polymer. Of
>> a fabric: made or consisting of such fibre.
>> 1950—1990(Show quotations)
>>

>> Thesaurus »
>>
>> †2. Of a church minister: appointed by humans as opposed to God. Obsolete.

>>> E24-人造实体物 (Physical Man-Made Thing)
>>> E25-人造外貌表征 (Man-Made Feature)