Dear all,

I agree with Christian-Emil, especially for the P2 has type property, as a simple solution for the cases that we don't have enough information to infer this capability or cases lacking temporal information - it reminds me of the issue 277 and the example of the artist

Best,
Athina Kritsotaki

Στις 2019-08-25 10:05, Christian-Emil Smith Ore έγραψε:
Dear all,

Dear all,

It is correct as Franco writes, that a group can be used to model the
speakers of a language.

The class E74 Group is a very strong mechanism and can be used to
model almost any relationship between actors, that is, the members of
the group has the relationship indicated by the type of the group.
The classes
 E85 Joining and E86 Leaving and the properties

P143 joined (was joined by): E39 Actol
P144 joined with (gained member by) E74 Group

P145 separated (left by) E39 Actor
P146 separated from (lost member by) E74 Group

enable us to model the time aspect.

At least in my opinion, the class E55 Tyoes and P2 has type can be
used to model persons abilities like speaking a language in the cases
where time is not a concern. On the other hand  this timelessness give
an impression that a type indicate a trait or some immanent
characteristics of a person. It is a philosophical question whether
language skills  characterize a person in such a way.

There is an ongoing issue 329 in CRM about states. In connection with
this issue there is a table with an overview:  “CRM Properties that
may have shorter temporal validity than their domain and range”
http://cidoc-crm.org/sites/default/files/table%20of%20issue%20329.docx
Among these P2 has type is listed.  It is still not decided how this
time specific validity should be modelled in CRM.

Best,
Christian-Emil