Yes, this is a fine point and I struggled to find an example for such a case of P111. However there is also this:

https://www.demilked.com/bronze-hand-squeezed-trees-sculpture-giuseppe-penone/

which is rare but matches the case?

T.

On 29/01/2022 17:48, Martin Doerr via Crm-sig wrote:
Dear Thanasi, all,

I agree with all, except:

3) Example for E79 augmenting a natural object:

the carving of the Culpa Dendroglyph on the Culpa tree (Buhrich et al., 2015)

4) Example for P110

The carving of the Culpa Dendroglyph (E79) augmentedthe Culpa tree (E20). (Buhrich et al., 2015)

I' argue that this example is a production of a human-made feature ex initio on the tree. I'd argue that the meaning of E79 is that a *pre-existing* thing has been added. Otherwise, it comes in conflict with production, and the tracing of things that become part of another and then travel with it through the world.

I propose *to modify *the scope note of E79 to make this clear. I think cases in which the /P111 added/ thing is not a "Physical Object" can only be sort of collections, in which the definition of the whole under consideration is expanded to comprise another feature, such as real estate properties.

The removal is not completely symmetric. It says that something has been removed, but the removed matter may have a unique identity only from the time of removal on, and then should be also a Production event.

The inverse, a part addition in which the added part looses its identity within the whole it augmented (and then be a destruction event??) may probably be too exotic (Frodo's Ring not withstanding).

All the best,

Martin