I completely understand the reasoning and I agree that intuitively a tree with a broken branch is a diminished thing. It is just that the scope note and all of the examples in E80 Part Removal are for Human-Made things so I worry that the class has been designed for Human-Made things only, i.e. breaking off the original branch may not be E80. Part Addition and Part Removal are designed to allow us to track the use of a component integrated intentionally in multiple objects over its history, so it may be that a thing needs to be added before it can be removed. If we care about the tree prior to cutting the branch then it may be only a modification. Am I taking it too far?

Having said that, pushing the property higher in the hierarchy, although I am told we should avoid it in general, in this case it may not cause too many problems.

T.

P.S. Amazingly, the inconsistency between the scope note and property range existed since version 3.4.