Hi Victor!

Thanks for this feedback.

On 17/04/18 05:34 PM, Victor Martinez wrote:
* Thierry Moreau (thierry.mor...@connotech.com) wrote:
Hi!

Hey Thierry,
[...]

I am working towards Crux-arm64 on the OdroidC2, having a cross-compiled
Linux kernel (3.16) booting either Ubuntu or ArchLinux.

Probably there is no need to start from scratch... We have a generic ARM64
release ready to deploy to a device (if not supported currently by us) and
rebuild the entire core collection ports with your specific/custom CFLAGS.

Take a look to the 3.3 Release notes, the last point:
https://crux-arm.nu/Documentation/ReleaseNotes3-3

You'll find there the generic release and two optimizations, for the pine64
and the raspberrypi 3.

If none of this last ones fit your need for the Odroid C2, you can deploy
the generic release and rebuild with your custom CFLAGS :)

Thanks for pointing me to Crux Arm64 development releases.

Here is what I have achieved with a quick trial with the Odroid C2:

I started with a MicroSD memory having Archlinux already installed:

A single ext4 partition, u-boot from Archlinux binary distribution, having replaced the kernel by kernel 3.14.55 with patches distributed by Hardkernel (and cross-compiled by me with gcc 7.3).

From the Archlinux partition I removed every /<dir> except /boot. Then untarred the generic 64b release -- thanks -- to this device.

The Odroid C2 boots with this. I was able to log root/root, and then shutdown -h now. But there is no display (I did observe success by the keyboard capslock LED going live, and then dead). Lack of display shouldn't be too difficult to troubleshoot.

[...]

Any useful tip, suggestion, or comment?

I hope you can find interesting info in this reply and avoid some time cross
compiling.

My interest in cross-compiling from Crux sources with the Arm64 devices as a target comes from a security-paranoia-induced motivation for having every piece of running software being auditable, in addition having no adversary tools in the target system (even no shell in the case of an "open source HSM that performs a cryptographic computation and nothing else). A third motivation is that the next target device (having followed this path for X86_64 targets) might be some architecture not envisioned at all for Crux.

My eventual contributions to Crux Arm64 are a by-product of my efforts, not an aim in itself.

Regards,

- Thierry