On 19/04/18 06:54 PM, Victor Martinez wrote:
* Thierry Moreau (thierry.mor...@connotech.com) wrote:
On 19/04/18 04:22 PM, Victor Martinez wrote:
* Fredrik Rinnestam (fred...@rinnestam.se) wrote:
On 2018-04-19 13:59, Thierry Moreau wrote:
  From the Archlinux partition I removed every /<dir> except /boot. Then
untarred the generic 64b release -- thanks -- to this device.

The Odroid C2 boots with this. I was able to log root/root, and then
shutdown -h now. But there is no display (I did observe success by the
keyboard capslock LED going live, and then dead). Lack of display
shouldn't be too difficult to troubleshoot.

You should have left /lib/modules in place too

Good catch Fredrik!
Hope it helps Thierry.

Yes, good advice. My kernel installation notes indeed referred to
/lib/{modules,firmware}.

I understand the the version inside those directories should be right.

It did not change the blank display (blank screen hdmi output signal, not
"no hdmi signal").

Is there any specific option for the bootloader?

I am quite ignorant on this part (u-boot customization for hardware and kernel image).

My guess is that the u-boot is able to achieve its purpose since a bash interpreter (could it be a busybox shell?) is able to obey a "shutdown -h now" command.

My further guess is that some configuration is missing in the startup steps from /sbin/init. If this was on the top of my priority, I would investigate these startup steps in the ArchLinux root filesystem (look at Odroid C2 in https://archlinuxarm.org/about/downloads ) to find something specific to the hdmi output configuration (fbdev? dvi?). From such hints, an equivalent configuration of some Crux startup file(s) should fix the issue.

- Thierry