Many thanks to the list members who have contributed ideas to the above -
I'll share the results by previewing the paper in the next few weeks if I
may.

Having been a devotee of the financial crypto community for many years, a
thought has just occurred to me about the possible use of Systemics
Ricardian Contract idea as a practical implementation of a distributed
access control mechanism.

I came across Akanti http://www-itg.lbl.gov/Akenti/ - augmented x509 certs
used as access control tokens in a distributed environment. It seems that
this problem space is similar to the fincrypto domain.

Proprietary non-human readable binary/ascii formats have arguably lost
ground to human readable name/value pair formats (i.e. XML and before that
IATA), so it would seem a logical progression to extend Herr Grigg's
Ricardian ontology to include a DAC "contract"?

Cheers