James A. Donald wrote:
From time to time I hear that DNSSEC is working fine, and on examining the matter I find it is "working fine" except that ....

DNSSEC is "working fine" as a technology. However, it is worth remembering that it works based on digitally signing an entire zone - the state of the world being what it is, most people prohibit xfer so any other technology that would allow a zonewalk is not going to be deployed.

as far as I can tell, this is a basic design flaw, so isn't going to be rectified anytime soon.