[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
        Er... Allow me the option o fdisbeleiving your assertion.
        PTR records can and do point to mutiple names.  Some narrow
        implementations have assumed that there will only be a single
        data element and this myth - that PTRs only point to a single
        name - is and has been spread widely.

You can disbelieve my assertion if you wish, but I am only quoting the RFC. RFC 1035, to be precise:

"Address nodes are used to hold pointers to primary host names
in the normal domain space."

(section 3.5. IN-ADDR.ARPA domain). So, the "myth" is in the scripture.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html           http://www.links.org/