Ben Laurie wrote:

[snip]

And so we end up at the position that we have ended up at so many times before: the GTCYM has to have a decent processor, a keyboard and a screen, and must be portable and secure.

One day we'll stop concluding this and actually do something about it.

And it can almost certainly be done with the current technology. Arnnei Speiser at http://www.megaas.co.nz/ has a two factor one time password application that runs on a java enabled cellphone. If he can do this I suspect it is but short hop to what you suggest.

He has a bank demo that is worth looking at as a potential model.

Best,

Allen