On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 3:35:26 AM UTC-5, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 8:57:46 PM UTC-5, Mouse wrote:
>>
>> I believe the answer is yes. The initial implementation was not correct,
>> this update fixes the problem.
>>
>> I say - if nobody gives a good reason why the incorrect behavior should
>> be offered (even upon request), no need to bother.
>>

> Ack, thanks.
>
> As an intermediate step I think we should pull Simon and Speck until we
> get things sorted out. At this point in time our implementation has the
> potential to do harm.

Simon and Speck were removed from the library at
https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/15b14cc61890 . The removal
should ensure we don't do any harm, like breaking interop across the web.

The commit includes simon-speck.zip, which includes the original files that
were removed.

It looks like we'll need a few days to sort out what we need to fix on our
end. I don't have the time at the moment and it could be weeks before I can
get back to it.

Sorry about this mess. I thought we were safe following the author's test
vectors.

Jeff