On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 4:23:30 AM UTC-5, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 3:35:26 AM UTC-5, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
>>

>> On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 8:57:46 PM UTC-5, Mouse wrote:
>>>
>>> I believe the answer is yes. The initial implementation was not correct,
>>> this update fixes the problem.
>>>
>>> I say - if nobody gives a good reason why the incorrect behavior should
>>> be offered (even upon request), no need to bother.
>>>

>> Ack, thanks.
>>
>> As an intermediate step I think we should pull Simon and Speck until we
>> get things sorted out. At this point in time our implementation has the
>> potential to do harm.
>>

> Simon and Speck were removed from the library at
> https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/15b14cc61890 . The removal
> should ensure we don't do any harm, like breaking interop across the web.

The updated Simon and Speck were re-added last night. The updated ciphers
conform to the paper's specification and the kernel's implementation.

The updated Simon and Speck will fail to arrive at the test vector answers
published in the Simon and Speck paper. We hope the Simon and Speck team
will publish updated test vectors one day so we can establish provenance
for our test vectors.

Also see:

  * New test vectors:
https://github.com/weidai11/cryptopp/commit/3efef479d15f