On 7/20/06, Janet Chang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I tried subbing ems for the percentage and it fixed the width problem on
> the list of link pages. However, it ended up creating problems on pages
> where we have a blue box on the right side of the page. The box should stay
> flush with the left side of the content, but when using ems, it shifts to
> the right even though the blue box is in a separate "calendar" div not
> contained in the "content" div:
>
> Screenshot of page using ems:
> http://www3.law.northwestern.edu/registrar/facultyscreenshot_em.png
>
> Screenshot of page using %:
> http://www3.law.northwestern.edu/registrar/facultyscreenshot_percent.png
> (this is what the page should look like)

Your screenshot of what it should look like is what I see. But you say:

"The box should stay flush with the left side of the content, but when
using ems, it shifts to the right even though the blue box is in a
separate "calendar" div not contained in the "content" div:"

I'm confused. If you want the blue box all the way to the right like
the second listed screenshot, can you float it right?

--

Tom Livingston | Senior Multimedia Artist | Media Logic |
ph: 518.456.3015x231 | fx: 518.456.4279 | mlinc.com