Bob Rosenberg wrote:

> Except for the fact that in some cases CSS is (currently?) incapable
> of creating the same layout as can be created with a Table (Maybe
> CSS3 will be able to once it gets rolled out in a few years).

Good grief. Give it up.

Structure site layouts as table-less CSS. If you have some specific
tabular-data, within your site, set that specific tabular-data as a table.

And, yes, CSS 3, may provide better methods. In the meantime, we live in
the year of our Lord, 2009. Not 1998. So hold, grasp, and approach
/today/ with "arms wide open." Tomorrow will come soon enough. And it
will take care of itself (if you  allow it to do so).

But CSS is not everyone's "bag." Worry not. The world will not end, if
you use tables to structure the layout,  regardless of whether the data
within the site is tabular or not.

If "best practice" prevails, most might say use "CSS" rather than
"tables."  Or, would they?