Chris Blake wrote:

> In the head? I have that reset.css and one style sheet attached. i
> thought that it was OK to put the conditional comment in the normal
> style sheet. I could have made a separate style sheet for IE only, but
> it is just this one hack so seemed a bit unnecessary.
>
> The (*) workaround seems to be the best solution I have found for IE,
> what do you think?
>
> Cheers, CB

I think the hack you are using is not recommened.

----

Remember, not to forget, there are many versions of IE.  So, first-off,
you are not targeting IE.

You are targeting-- IE/7 and IE/6. Or just IE/7. Or just IE/6.

Got it?

There are more than a few ways to do this.

1/  One way is to put a Conditional Comment in the *head of the
document.* The Conditional Comment is not a style sheet. It is simply a
"carrier" of the specific style (or style sheet).
The choice of which Conditional Comment you use, depends on which
version (s) of IE you are trying to hit.

2/ Another way is to provide a "hack" within your compliant browser
style sheet to target the specific version (s) of IE that you want to hit.

For IE/6 star html is most often used:

* html #whatever {...}

For IE/7 this is sometime used:

*:first-child+html  #whatever {...}