Alan Gresley wrote:

> Is this not valid CSS?
> * html div { background: green; } /* IE6- */
> *+html div { background: green; } /* IE7 */

What you're outlining is valid and not a hack as far as I would define a
hack, so I'm not sure what your point is. What Chris detailed as his
solution is very much a hack that introduces errors and invalidates his CSS:

> #main .content{
>   *padding: 0px;
>   *margin-bottom: -20px;
> }

You have to place hacks in your CSS knowing there is a certain amount of
risk involved.  I just don't see why when there is a much less riskier
solution available you would want to go with the former.

-Adam Ducker (http://adamducker.com)