HI,

Although it's not a CSS question it is strongly related to validation
which is something we all care about at css-discuss so I am sticking
my neck out a bit but hope to get an OK response.

I have validated a very simple layout and although it validates I am
getting a few warnings:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwch.redrunner.co.uk%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0&user-agent=W3C_Validator%2F1.767

Most seem to be to do with the doctype which is something I know
little about. Basically I want to chose the easiest one to use (easy
in the sense of validation). The results gave me a link to a page of
different doctypes and what I think is I should be choosing either
HTML 4.0.1, or xhtml 1.0, Transitional. Am I right? What's the
difference?

The site I am going to be using is going to be strictly HTML, CSS and
images. I may, depending on results need to use a PNG fix.

Thanks, CB