In my opinion this could have a bunch of causes.

Did you load the local files with "file://..." or do you have a server running locally and go through localhost? Might the remote server have a OS running that uses case sensitive file names, whiule your local OS does not? Maybe when viewed remotely an image file is not found.

What I found with Google:
- http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/191/865802
"The css file name was too long and used a - not _ . This did not create an error on my local machine, but was a problem on the server." - http://gullele.wordpress.com/2011/01/25/css-rendered-different-for-local-and-remote-servers/ "Then I changed the localhost with my computer name and yup it is all messed up."

Hope that helps...

Best regards

Christian
Editura GmbH & Co. KG
Tempelhofer Damm 2 · 12101 Berlin
www.editura.de <http://www.editura.de>
AG Berlin-Charlottenburg · HRA 43189 B · USt.Id. DE217180548
Geschäftsführer: Stefan Krause · Ralf Szymanski