This may seem really basic, but I'm trying to figure out best practice
for stacking DIVs vertically. The first idea I had was a page with two
fixed-width DIVs inside a wrapper DIV of that same width. I thought the
second DIV would be forced down. Then I built a test page with three
sequential DIVs and gave each one a class that set display:block. All
three stacked up fine. Just to make sure it was the class causing that
positioning, I disabled the class, and the DIVs remained vertically
stacked. Does this mean sequential DIVs will inherently each fall into
position one on top of the other?

I looked through Eric's Definitive Guide but apparently not in the right
place. If someone knows of where this may be discussed in his book,
please let me know.

- Keith Purtell