FWIW, I think that Ghodmode has every right to ask
why HTML e-mails are prohibited on this list, even
though I personally rejoice that they are.  I also
appreciate the non-confrontational way in which he
has presented his views and responded to the view of
others.  However.  In my e-mail client (Seamonkey),
there would appear to be an option to mark potential
recipients as able (or not able) to receive HTML e-mails;
if I (inadvertently) send attempt to send an HTML e-mail
to someone not marked as able to receive HTML e-mails,
my client asks what I want to do : send as ASCII, send
as HTML or send as both.  I suspect it also asks if
I want to remember that decision.  Ghodmode, does your
e-mail client not offer similar possibilities, and if
so, can you simply not mark this list as "Cannot
accept HTML e-mails" and "Send as ASCII" while leaving
all other e-mail recipients unchanged ?

Even more off-topic : how is one meant to mentally
render "Ghodmode" ?  Is it "Godmode", or "G Hodmode"
or "G H Odmode" or what ?

Philip Taylor