>   I need the font-weight set to bold for all the other browsers but, don't
>need it for Safari due to the aforementioned.
>
> Elli Vizcaino

Try specifying -- font-weight:normal; -- on the appropriate selectors. Reload
Safari.

~d

David, I think what you're suggesting will NOT render the fonts how I want
them.

> I have a hard time understanding what you mean by this. Safari renders your
> fonts just the same as any other browser.
>
> The only I might imagine being a reason for your problem is a configuration
> of
> your copy of Safari on Windows: Safari has a preference to use different
> font-smoothing settings, one (the default) matches what Windows OS uses,
> another
> one simulates, eventually, something that looks like the rendering on OS X.
>
> Philippe
> --
> Philippe Wittenbergh
> http://l-c-n.com/

I've uploaded a screen shot of both browsers side by side. Safari on windows
and FF. As you can see, in Safari it is rendered a lot more bolder/heavier than
in FF and the rest of the browsers I've checked (chrome, ie, opera). This has
always been my experience w Safari render fonts even when viewing directly on a
Mac. I really need the font to render like the rest of the browsers because
that heavy weight is throwing my design off :(.

http://www.e7flux.com/clients/sof/safari-ff-ss.jpg

 Elli Vizcaino
Helping artists, entrepreneurs and small
businesses knock the socks off the competition!
http://www.e7flux.com