>Gecko 1.9.2 and Safari 5.1/ Chrome dev channel all render the same.

>A nightly Firefox build and Opera render the 'Little Days' font differently
>(and differently from each other).
>
>The issue is that your 'Little Days' font is a 'normal weight' face, but your
>stylesheet specifies that it should be bold. As you don't provide a 'bold
>weight' face, browsers simulate the bolding artificially (and do a poop job in
>some cases).
>
>here is a test case:
>http://dev.l-c-n.com/_temp/ev-20111223.html
>and a screen shot - from left: Safari, Opera, Firefox 9:
>http://dev.l-c-n.com/_temp/ev-20111223.png

Yes the Little Day font is of normal-weight, it's a free commercial font that
came with only that weight family. I think this is a case of the Mac OS engine
rendering fonts differently, period as it always seems to be the case w Mac
versus Windows OS. The font smoothing or anti alias that it adds to the font is
what causes it to have a heavier appearance even when fonts are specified at
normal weight. I took screen shots of your test case on my Windows 7 machine,
on four different browsers: FF, Opera, Google & Safari for Windows. All fonts
got rendered the identically except for the Little Day font w bold in Safari.
If you compare my screenshots side by side with the ones you took off your Mac
you'll see that even at a normal weight the font smoothing/anti aliasing of Mac
causes what is already a very light weigh font to look slightly bold. Even the
Candara font at normal weight in Mac are heavier than they are on my machine.
Obviously this is beyond a
 pure CSS fix. I will have to resort to programming for this.

http://www.e7flux.com/clients/sof/ff-opera-google-safari.jpg

>btw, I also would suggest to split up your @font-face block, as I did in the
>test case. Your way of doing it is strange, although the validator doesn't
>puke on it.
>
>Philippe

Please explain why you're surprised the validator didn't puke on it? Was the
way I wrote it incorrect? And what makes your way the better way?

Elli Vizcaino
Helping artists, entrepreneurs and small
businesses knock the socks off the competition!
http://www.e7flux.com