Le 6 juil. 2012 à 07:30, David Hucklesby a écrit :

> Two observations on box-sizing: border-box:
>
> 1. Generated content does not inherit box-sizing
>
> 2. Max-height applies to content only, not the border-box.
>
> Please play with this dabblet demo:
>
>  <http://dabblet.com/gist/3056829>
>
> Is this expected behavior? (I did not expect it.)

Why didn't you expect 'it' – what exactly, that the 'border-box' value applied
to a box (element E) is not inherited by generated content for E ? If so, that
is hardly a surprise:

http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-ui/#box-sizing0 says:

[quote]Inherited: no[/quote]

In your little demo, you specify '* { box-sizing: border-box; }' but remember,
generated content is not an element. That line doesn't apply to the generated
content box.

As for your second point, max-height applies to the box. And you don't use
max-height in your demo.

Philippe
--
Philippe Wittenbergh