aug 11 2014 14:32 Tom Livingston <tom...@gmail.com>:

> I'm more or less in the same boat as you. Though, designers I work
> with use a grid, but I see a page differently and can recreate it in
> html with out the need of a million classes for columns.

Again, this is a feature of (some) Grid Frameworks and not of Grids per se.

AS I already have said Grid Frameworks use grids in specific grid systems, but
they are not the same as grids.

Columns are not the same as grids either, even though you typically peruse
columns when you use grids as a tool for solving problems. That you use columns
doesn’t mean you are using grids as effectively as you would if you had your
own grid system present in your design work.

Of course, in some work of some design artists there will be unintended
consistent invisible grids to be found, but that would be the exception I think.