On Nov 7, 2014, at 7:50 AM, Philip Taylor <p.tay...@rhul.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hallo Karl --
>
>> Have you thought of pointer-events: none; and pointer-events: auto for your
>> images?
>
> The site is /very/ old, and has not been updated for some considerable time.
> I am not familiar with "pointer-events" :  could you briefly explain what
> they accomplish and the effects of the two values "none" and "auto" ?
>
>> Noticed you have -webkit-user-select: none. That doesn't work for the mouse.
>> Thinking you already know this though. :)
>
> I certainly did not add that myself (I do not use vendor prefixes) and I
> cannot see it when I view source or look at the style files; where did you
> see it, please ?
>
> ** Phil.

OH!, I saw it in safari when I viewed your link. Safari 6.2 Mac OS 10.8.5

>From what I read, pointer-events: works mostly with SVG but it also controls
>the click of an object and all its children.
So if you put pointer-events:none; on an element, it and all its children are
un-clickable.
However if you wish for a child to still be clickable but not its parent, then
you reset it with pointer-events: auto;.
Once you put pointer-events:auto on that child, all children in that child
element are clickable and so forth.
It has come in handy for me for example, on those curtains I was working on a
while ago.
I didn't want users to click/drag them but still have things behind them
clickable.
pointer-events:none in essence, with how I was using it, made a div able to be
clicked "through".
Like it wasn't there. Pretty nifty trick. :)

Best,

Karl DeSaulniers
Design Drumm
http://designdrumm.com