-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 1/15/99 9:20:47 AM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

>[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>
>>  -Caveat Lector-
>>
>> My, my getting testy aren't we.

>> slaves in warfare? I mean the Bible says we can; sez H. Hawk.
>> >
>> >We, who?  I'm not, for one reason, because I'm not fighting any wars at
this
>> >time... Maybe later.
>> =====
>> Well, let us see, hawk didn't answer this question. Just some 'cute' words.
>> =====
>
>I told you why "we" are not taking slaves in warfare.. One reason is because
>am
>not engaged in any applicable warfare in which slaves might be taken..
Another
>reason is, as I have said many times, I do not want any slaves.  If by "we"
you
>mean the United States, I cannot answer for the govm't... I could only
presume
>that they would rather kill people than take slaves.  It doesn't mean that
they
>necessarily have an aversion to slavery... and in fact (to keep this
topical),
>venture there are plans (conspiracies) in the pot right now to enslave
people.
=====
Again a 'cute' answer, while evaded any real answer. I submitt that 'we' as a
nation do not take slaves is because it is Wrong and can't be sold under even
wuth some muddle-headed 'religious doctrine'. Not because our government
wishes to kill humans instead of taking slaves -a truly ignorant answer.
Conspiracies to decieve people and to 'enslave' them to political and
technocratic pogroms is different than the institution of humans OWNING other
humans.
=====

>> >And you continue to show yourself the equivalent of a gradeschool fool...
>> think whatever you are doing, you are needed somewhere as the village
idiot.
>> =====
>> Again, hawk has not answered any question or dealt with the issue at hand
but
>> has resorted to name calling and more 'cute' answers. I submit again, does
>> slave have personal sovereignty?
>> =====
>
>I do not know the definition of words or phrases you concoct.  If by
"personal"
>you mean "as an individual" and "sovereignty" you mean absolute control over
his
>affairs, then my answer is "No, a slave does not have personal sovereignty."
In
>fact, neither do non-slaves.
=====
Ok, who took the personal sovereinty from the slave? Does this not constitute
theft?
Again you try and change the subject by commiserating on the political
realities of today.
=====

>> >I don't know...
>> =====
>> Hawk can you please tell me what rules are valid in the Old Testament and
>> which aren't?
>> =====
>
>Which "rules" are you asking about?  I don't know how you are using the word,
>"valid."  If you mean do the "laws" of Leviticus have jurisdiction over
>Christians, the answer is "no."  If, for instance, you mean "The 10
Commandments,"
>the answer is "None of them."  and I base that on, among other passages,
Romans
>7.  There are many passages (particularly entire book of Galatians, and much
of
>Ephesians) that teach specifically, "If you wish to apply any portion of the
law
>upon yourself as an obligation, then you must apply all of it.  It is a
package
>deal."  However for you, as a Celtic Bhuddist, whatever in the hell that is,
it
>ALL applies to you, according to my understanding of New Testament doctrine
on
>this matter.
=====
So if none of the above rules apply, why did you hypocritically quote certain
'rules' from Numbers to back-up your assertion that slavery isn't a wrong
action.
I have never claimed to be a Celtic Buddhist.
So what are the rules, Pope Hawk? And how come you favour the words of
saul/paul over the words of Jesus the Nazerite AKA The Christ?

Do you really enjoy showing the world your hypocrisy and ignorance? There is
some entertainment value, though.
=====
>Hawk
-----