-Caveat Lector- At 10:00 PM 12/17/98 +0000, you wrote:
> -Caveat Lector-
>
>On 17 Dec 98 , Alamaine wrote:
>
>>  -Caveat Lector-
>>
>> >From http://www.rollcall.com
>>
>> Livingston Confesses Affairs
>>
>> By Jim VandeHei
>>
>> House Speaker Bob Livingston (R-La.) tonight plans to disclose to the
>> Republican Conference that he has had sexual affairs in his past and will
>> offer to resign his post, according to GOP sources.
>
>And I say that before they hold Clinton over the spit, let every
>single on of those legislators who has had an extramarital affair
>step down....and let's see who's left.
>
>I think the scene might look like one of those lottery commercials.
>You know--the one where everyone races out of the concert hall.
>

>sno0wl

No intellectually honest person believes that Clinton's plight is simply due to philandering.   As has been stated innumerable times, no one, conservative, liberal or in between cares if Clinton engages in extramarital sex an infinite number of times with countless persons.

Your attitude regarding Clinton - blind faith, unthinking loyalty, absurd denial in the face of facts admitted by Clinton himself -  is quintessential fundamentalist/cult thinking.  Does endorsing Clinton's politics and embracing his political vision really require that you defend EVERYTHING he does, no matter how illegal???

As far as Livingston, or any of the other philanderers/crooks in office, they too can screw their brains out, they just cannot lie about it before a trial court and a grand jury.

The "he did it too!" argument is reminiscent of grade school where young children attempt to avoid punishment by deflecting the attention to someone else (i.e., snitching).  Or even junior high when "everyone does it!" is the preferred rationale for base behavior.

Barb