-Caveat Lector-

----- Forwarded Message -----
> From: James Thomas Green <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Date: Sat, 14 Aug 1999 21:44:48 -0700
> Subject: Re: [SC] Re: Kansas Board of Education vote on Evolution

<delurk>

>Apes - monkeys, same thing.  Why is it that the people who support this
>theory can never explain why there are still "apes" as well as humans?

You obviously never talked to me.

The evolution of a new species does not mean that the basic stock
either goes existence, or that there must only be one descendent
branch.  Consider that wolves, dogs and foxes descend from a common
ancestor, but the rise of one to fill an ecological niche doesn't
mean that the others must go extinct.

Humans and apes descended from a common ancestor.  The rise of humans
does not mean that apes must have been replaced.

You could extend this nonsense argument to ask why there are still
fish when amphibians exist, or why are there still amphibians when
there are reptiles, or why there are still reptiles when there are
mammals, or why there are still dinosaurs when there are birds, uh,
strike that last one :-).

>That is my point, evolution is only a theory, not fact, same as
>creationism, so why not present both theories and let the student use
>his/her mind and decide for themselves rather than be brainwashed by
>lack of "scientific" evidence.  Calling a theory "scientific evidence"
>is disinformation ... it is not viable, it is not "observed evidence."
>How can one observe evolution?

Gravity is "just a theory".

If you believe that there is no evidence for evolution, you have
either never seriously look for evidence, or are being willfully
ignorant.

>Evolution was made up as a theory because the scientists had no
>explaination as to how everything came into existence, they just pulled
>it out of their ass.

You seem to have a skewed idea of what a "theory" is.  A theory is
not shorthand for just any random idea.

Evolution was not just "pulled out of scientist's asses."  Evolution
has a lot of data behind it.  It comes in all forms and ranges from
fossils to astrophysics to geology to microbiology.  We can even look
at agriculture to see a form of human-directed evolution of food
crops and animal breeding.

>The government gives creedence to pedofiles.  NAMBLA (North American Man
>Boy Love Association) has been given a charter by the government.  Adults
>taking advantage of children in a sexual way is perversion.  These children
>have rights, the right to not be molested by adults.

Please post a copy of this alleged "government charter" for NAMBLA.
At least post information on what governmental agency issued this
charter.

As for what this has to do with evolution vs. creation, I can't see.
It seems to me just a typical "muddy the water" nonsense argument by
someone who just doesn't have any facts on their side of the argument.

file://-=-
James_Thomas_Green(*);

</delurk>