From: sl...@troubleshooters.com <sl...@troubleshooters.com>
Sent: 24 January 2023 21:58
To: ctwm@ctwm.org
Subject: Zoom is anti-Linux: was switching from ctwm on fedora to ctwm on Ubuntu

a.slo...@bham.ac.uk said on Tue, 24 Jan 2023 14:13:23 GMT

>I've given up hope of getting fedora or centos to work for me after
>loss of zoom

This is offtopic, but it's responsive to this thread...

Zoom is anti-Linux. It depends on having Pulseaudio, and having it set
up just right. Both Jitsi and Big Blue Button meet the Linux user where
he/she is configured: Pulse, no pulse, whatever. Anyone with a Chrome
or Chromium browser can participate in a Pulse or Big Blue Button
meeting. I can't speak for Big Blue Button, but Jitsi is trivial to use
for Linux, Windows and Mac. I haven't tried it on BSD, but if you can
put Chrome or Chromium on BSD, I don't see why Zoom wouldn't work
there. Zoom plays favorites with operating systems, Jitsi and Big Blue
Button do not.

So, if you have any choice in the matter, I suggest you hold your
meetings with Jitsi or Big Blue Button.

SteveT

Steve Litt