> a) roughly what you said above; use Layout instead of BorderedLayout
>    for strutty windows.  That's broken and wrong, but it's at least
>    consistent with how 4.0.3 would have been wrong.

I've gone ahead and implemented this variant of the workaround for the
strutted windows issue, and made a new snapshot with the fix.

https://www.ctwm.org/tmp/ctwm-4.1.0-beta.20230127.tar.xz

SHA256 (ctwm-4.1.0-beta.20230127.tar.xz) =
    a9fabda24491c548e53f871e0f0c42033fe41ceb5a29b99af5113214005972fb

It's pretty clear just from code inspection that it would hack around
the issue, and does in my testing.  Unless somebody came up with a
better quick fix, a reason we need to delay to properly handle it
everywhere, or some other unrelated bug we haven't seen yet, I expect
to call it good enough and re a lease.

--
Matthew Fuller     (MF4839)   |  fulle...@over-yonder.net