--- Duke Briscoe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 02:57 PM 1/13/04, Know Mystery wrote:
> >Yes, i believe this is the scenario, as i installed
> >Surge first, and then installed Netscape 7.1 a week
> >afterwards. There had been no previous install of
> any
> >Netscape versions on either of the two computers.
> >
> >So, install sequence makes a difference. Would that
> >pose challenges with existing Surge installs when a
> >Netscape upgrade is subsequently installed.
>
> Once the plugin is installed for Netscape, I think
> Netscape upgrades in the
> past have copied the earlier version's plug-ins to
> the upgraded
> version.  But that is the responsibility of the
> Netscape upgrade installer,
> so I can't say whether that will be true for their
> future releases.

Thanks, Duke.

If i have a system with neither Curl nor Netscape, and
i first install Netscape 7.1, will the Curl install
automatically copy the plugin to the right location,
or will this always be a manual copy the first time?

I followed your directions and copied the plugin from
the Surge library into the Netscape plugin library.

The source path on my computer was this:

C:\Program Files\Curl
Corporation\Surge\3\bin\npcurl32.dll

I then tested it using Netscape 7.1 with this
interesting page that Lobster developed:

http://www.cyber-shaktipat.org/relax/tmxxine.html

It worked perfectly. Thanks for the help.

Warm regards,
joyce