Do you have another browser to compare it with? Maybe Konqueror -- see if it
behaves any differently. I assume you've tried ping or lynx or other command
line tools to confirm anything is working, and that you've shut down and
started up (not reboot -- sometimes it seems to not quite clear everything
out) to see if that changes anything.
--Don Ellis