Daniel Kulp wrote:
Joshua,
On Wednesday 21 February 2007 20:43, Joshua Jackson wrote:
This is the log that I received when I build it with maven:
Failure executing javac, but could not parse the error:
javac: invalid target release: 1.5
Usage: javac <options> <source files>
I used JDK 1.6 at that time, I think it should work too since version 1.6
is newer than version 1.5. I also can not find the line in pom.xml that
restrict building with 1.5
Use JDK 1.5. There are a LOT of issues with 1.6 that make it not usable.
1) The versions of STAX, JAXB, JAX-WS, etc... that we require/use are not
compatible with the ones in 1.6. With maven, there isn't a way to "endorse"
the ones we need to use.
2) Maven has some dependency resolution and download problems with JDK 1.6.
There are SEVERAL bugs logged with maven around 1.6. You can SOMETIMES get
around this by building once with 1.5 (to download the deps) and then build
with 1.6.
3) The parser and such is different. Some of our tests are failing with JDK
1.6.
Anyway, stick with 1.5 for CXF for now.
Dan
Some library dependencies from java.net are also not able to be downloaded.
Is it because the java.net maven repo uses https?
Btw, thanks for updating the download page to snapshot build. It really
helps alot.
Regards,
Joshua
On 2/22/07, Dan Diephouse <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi Joshua,
We're hoping to do a release in March I think. If you are comfortable
using
a snapshot (not officially endorsed by Apache), I updated our download
page
to include information on them:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CXF/Download
If you let us know what problems you're having building CXF we'd be happy
to
help you as well.
Are we to use JDK 1.5 only for building or is it obligatory also as a
runtime?