On Tuesday 27 February 2007 06:52, Srepfler Srgjan wrote: > Daniel Kulp wrote: > > Anyway, stick with 1.5 for CXF for now. > > > Are we to use JDK 1.5 only for building or is it obligatory also as a > runtime?
Honestly, I don't know right now as I kind of gave up on using it. For building and for running our unit tests, 1.5 is a must. For runtime, you probably can get away with 1.6, but you may need to copy some jars over to your jre/lib/endorsed dir. Most likely, the JAXB jars, the JAXWS jars, and the stax-api jar would need to be copied there. The ones we use are newer than the ones in Java 6 so you need to make sure you grab the newer ones. If you give it a try, please let me know. I'd love to know how it works out. Actually, if you copy those jars to the endorsed dir, you MIGHT be able to even build/run the tests. Not sure. I haven't tried it. -- J. Daniel Kulp Principal Engineer IONA P: 781-902-8727 C: 508-380-7194 [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://www.dankulp.com/blog
