Daniel Kulp wrote:
On Tuesday 27 February 2007 06:52, Srepfler Srgjan wrote:
Daniel Kulp wrote:
Anyway, stick with 1.5 for CXF for now.

Are we to use JDK 1.5 only for building or is it obligatory also as a
runtime?

Honestly, I don't know right now as I kind of gave up on using it. For building and for running our unit tests, 1.5 is a must.

For runtime, you probably can get away with 1.6, but you may need to copy some jars over to your jre/lib/endorsed dir. Most likely, the JAXB jars, the JAXWS jars, and the stax-api jar would need to be copied there. The ones we use are newer than the ones in Java 6 so you need to make sure you grab the newer ones. If you give it a try, please let me know. I'd love to know how it works out.

Actually, if you copy those jars to the endorsed dir, you MIGHT be able to even build/run the tests. Not sure. I haven't tried it.


This grieves me as I've completely removed JDK 1.5 off my computer. Will there be no effort made in making CXF at least run under 1.6? I mean it IS the latest and greatest official JDK. Perhaps two releases, one for 1.5 and one for 1.6 that packs up the needed dependencies?
Srgjan

Reply via email to